For many years, QuickBooks’ unmatched accounting software has sparked a revolution among businesses and the accounting industry. Its roots have expanded globally and have significantly boosted productivity and efficiency. When compared to the plethora of other accounting software available to entrepreneurs globally, QuickBooks has unquestionably been at the top. When evaluating the program, we must consider the myriad of technological hiccups and complexities. The QuickBooks Error 3371, status code 11118, is one of these grave errors. You might experience particular errors and symptoms when opening the QuickBooks software, which are signs that this error code has appeared.
If you are facing this error and want to find a reliable and easy process to get rid of this error, then this article is your destination. We have outlined the best, time-tested solutions for fixing QuickBooks Error Code 3371. For additional assistance, you can contact the QuickBooks error support team by calling on their helpline number.
Table of Contents:
What is QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
When the QuickBooks user changes the desktop’s configuration or starts setting up the QuickBooks company file for the first time, the QuickBooks error code 3371 is most likely to appear. Another plausible explanation for this problem is the possible damage to the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file. It contains license information for the QuickBooks Desktop software, which is why this file is crucial.
This error comes up even when you try to open or activate the Quickbook Desktop. Although, these error messages mostly appear when you don’t have a valid software license. Due to these errors, the software Quickbook fails to synchronize the license properties each time you try to open the software. In this post, you will also know some facts about the Quickbooks 3371 error code which will help you to fix any problem.
Quickbooks 3371 Error Code Signs And Symptoms
The following signs and symptoms will help you identify the Quickbooks Error status code 3371 – 11118. Let’s quickly check them out.
- There are frequent hanging or freezing issues in your system.
- The software of Quickbooks crashes every time you try to open it.
- You may get notifications of a suspicious Html file. This is a foolproof indicator of the Quickbooks 3371 error.
- The users might find difficulty in opening the company files and folders in the Quickbooks platform.
- You can also notice the Quickbooks error issue while copying data from the C: drive to a new hard drive.
Common Causes of QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118
Multiple reasons lead to the QuickBooks 3371 error status code 11118. Some of the most common among them have been listed below:-
- The Prime cause of all is the 80029c4a error code.
- Error 3371 might be caused by several things, one of which could be a missing Qbregistration.dat file. The licensed data is usually kept inside the installation file on the hard disc. Therefore, if this file gets damaged, you might have this kind of error.
- Software performance issues can lead to QuickBooks 3371 status code errors.
- If you lose connection to the QuickBooks data file, you may face the error 3371 QuickBooks status code.
- Windows update installations that are unsuccessful or incomplete might keep the operating system’s components out of the current. The QuickBooks 3371 error can happen as a result of this.
- You may also get this error from the Crash com fault in QuickBooks.
- The QuickBooks stopped working error can lead to the error 3371 status code.
- A damaged MSXML Windows OS component is required for the QuickBooks desktop. It is one of the most crucial parts of Microsoft and necessary for the system to function. It becomes very challenging to access QuickBooks if this file is corrupted.
- The QuickBooks 3371 status code error can also happen due to the interruptions brought on by the antivirus program that is installed on your computer.
How to Resolve the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118?
The Quickbooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 can be fixed by following some simple methods. We will mention all the suitable troubleshooting techniques in this post for you so that you can make your way through any Quickbooks problem.
Method 1: Shut down all the applications running on your system.
- Make sure to first shut down the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Close all QuickBooks processes that are still active after the application.
- To open the Run window, press the Win + R keys simultaneously.
- Enter C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client v8 (or v6) in the Run window after the previous step and then click OK.
- Pressing Ctrl, Shift, and Esc together will launch the Task manager.
- Then find the QBW32.EXE process by going to the processes tab.
- After selecting the process, click End Task.
- Once done, delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file, open the QuickBooks company file, and register the program.
Method 2: Discarding the ECML file
The ECMl or entitlement file is found in the Intuit folder of QuickBooks. Discarding this file is an easy approach to fix QuickBooks Error 3371.
- First, you need to simultaneously hit the Windows and R keys.
- The Run window will then appear on the screen.
- You have to type the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 in the Run Window.
- Then, move towards the Window explorer by hitting the Win and E buttons simultaneously.
- Search for the ECML file. Once you’ve located the file, right-click on it and choose Delete from the list menu that appears.
- Shut down the window once you are done with it.
- Lastly, run the QuickBooks software and re-register the items.
- Check if the errors are gone. If yes, you have successfully fixed the error.
Method 3: Change the ECML filename
This approach to fixing the QuickBooks Error 3371 is different for different versions of Windows like XP, Windows 7, 8, 10, and 11. We will mention the ways to fix this error for all versions of Windows.
For Windows XP: These steps should be followed for all Windows XP users.
- To launch your application select the Run box from the Start tab.
- Type “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlemeny Clientv2” into the Run Box.
- Once done, press the OK button.
- You also need to rename the Entitlementdatastore. ecml file.
For Windows 10 and 11: Users with Windows 10 and 11 need to follow these steps.
- To access the Control Panel, you need to first right-click on the Start tab and then select it.
- After that, select File Explorer Options under Appearance and Personalization menu.
- Then, head over to the View tab.
- To show hidden files, folders, and drives after that, alter the Hidden files and folders setting.
- Alternatively, you can also deselect the option to Hide the protected operating system files.
- Once these steps are done, click on Apply and press the Ok button.
For Windows 7 and 8: The Users of 7 and 8 are to follow these directions
- You need to go to C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client V*.
- The next action is to rename the Entitlement file.
- Start QuickBooks now. A new file will be created by the program automatically.
- After that, follow the instructions below to reveal the application data folder:
- The recommended method is Computer > Select Organize > Select a Folder > Search choices.
- Select the Hidden files and folders option after that.
- Once everything is done, launch QuickBooks to see if the error still exists.
Method 4: Downloading, Installing, and Launching the QuickBooks Tool Hub
The Quickbooks tool hub is an important tool offered by Intuit that is beneficial in many ways. It helps in fixing the technical issues which are often faced by QuickBooks users. The steps to fix the QuickBooks 3371 error through this method are elaborated below:-
Step 1:- Run the Quick Fix My Program feature of the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- First, close the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Then, save the most recent version of the QuickBooks tool hub (184.108.40.206) on your PC by downloading it from the system.
- Run the downloaded file from the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file after that.
- Then Accept and agree with the license terms of Intuit.
- Click Finish once the tool hub has been successfully installed on your computer.
- Now double-click to open the QuickBooks tool hub icon.
- Next, select the Program Problems tab’s Quick fix my program
- Click the OK tab to continue.
- Finally, stop the operation and launch QuickBooks to view the data file.
Step 2:- Run the Install Diagnostic Tool from the QuickBooks Tool Hub
- Download and Install the QuickBooks Tool Hub first.
- After the installation gets over, run the utility.
- Then select the Tool Hub’s Installation problems tab.
- Afterward, select QuickBooks to install the diagnostic tool, then launch it.
- Allow the tool to run and identify the problems if any. The process might need some time to come to an end.
- You need to reboot your system to finish the procedure.
Step 3:- Run the 3371 error from the QuickBooks Tool hub
- To open the QB Tool hub, double-click on the icon on your Windows desktop.
- Select the Installation problems tab in the tool hub.
- After that, select the 3371 Error Fix.
- Launch the QuickBooks software after clicking the OK tab.
- Open the data file now to check if the error was fixed.
What Are The Other Possible Solutions To Fix this Error?
You can try to fix the QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 by other methods. The most common alternative method to fix the QuickBooks 3371 error is updating the Windows operating system and cleaning all junk files in your system.
The steps to fix The QuickBooks error by updating the Windows operating system are mentioned below.
- Select the Check for Updates option from the Windows Start menu by clicking on it.
- Reinstalling QuickBooks Desktop is the next step.
- Refresh the QuickBooks desktop as well.
You can also fix the QuickBooks 3371 error by cleaning all the junk files from your device. The steps to do that are:-
- Start by choosing This PC in File Explorer. You can access it by pressing the Win + E keys simultaneously.
- Next, select Properties.
- After that, Click on the Disk Cleanup tab
- Select “Clean System Files” from the menu.
- In the end, click on the Ok button and choose the option Delete Files.
We believe that if you followed the above instructions, you would be able to fix QuickBooks error 3371 Status code 11118. However, if by chance the problem still exists or you are unable to fix it despite following the procedures, you can get in touch with our accounting experts by calling on our helpline number. You can rely on our QuickBooks enterprise technical support staff to provide you with unmatched assistance and support.
Related Blog: Troubleshoot and Resolve QuickBooks 15270 Update Errors Easily