When it comes to dependable accounting software, QuickBooks from intuit has been dominating the rankings. The product is a favourite with professionals and small businesses since it is accurate, secure, and trustworthy, among other things. When something is successful on those three key criteria, no one objects if it is a little more expensive.
However, no piece of software is 100% foolproof, and QuickBooks is no exception. There have been complaints that the programme occasionally develops severe faults that must be fixed right away if users are to continue working. The 3371 error code for QuickBooks is one such mistake. Let’s utilise this post to learn what causes this problem and how to fix it.
Table of Contents:
QuickBooks Error 3371- Complete Comprehensive Guide
You can run across an error code 3371 when opening QuickBooks or setting QuickBooks Desktop. The following notice appears beside the error:
Property initialization for the licence failed. Error 3371. The licence data could not be loaded into QuickBooks. Missing or damaged files might be the root of this.
Several status codes correspond to the QuickBooks Error 3371:
- Status Code – 11118, Error 3371
- 3371 Error, Status Code: 1
Because it stops the corporate file from being opened, this error might be annoying. To obtain access to the QBW file again, you must investigate the problem.
Some Signs of QuickBooks Error Code 3371
By bearing in mind the warning indications and symptoms listed below, you may quickly determine whether the QuickBooks 3371 status code, 11118, is present:
- Your system stalls out frequently.
- Every time you try to launch QuickBooks, it crashes.
- QuickBooks Error 3371 would be shown if you were informed about a suspicious HTML file.
- Another sign may be that users are unable to open the company file in QuickBooks.
- This issue can also be noticed while copying data from the C: disc to a new hard drive.
What Triggers the QuickBooks Error 3371?
The creator of QuickBooks, Intuit, has mandated that customers keep their licence on the hard drive. But in the off event that information is lost, a file is corrupted, missing, or licencing data is destroyed, users are likely to get this QuickBooks issue. Additionally, the issue may arise when you copy the files to the C: disc. This would need erasing the entitlement file and inputting the licencing data again.
There are a number of reasons why QuickBooks Error code 3371 status code 11118 may occur, some of which are listed below:
- One of the main causes may be Error Code 80029c4a.
- An incomplete Qb registration.
- One of the probable causes of Error 3371 is the data file. The licencing data is often kept in the installation file on the hard disc, thus if this file is destroyed, you could have this kind of error.
- There are performance problems with the QuickBooks Desktop programme.
- This error may also appear if your connection to the QuickBooks data file is lost.
- Having trouble printing, emailing, or saving a QuickBooks Desktop document as a PDF.
- Windows update installations that are failed or incomplete can keep the operating system’s components out of the current. In turn, this can lead to QuickBooks Error 3371.
- This problem may be caused by the QuickBooks Crash com error.
- If QuickBooks stopped operating fault occurs, an error 3371 can result.
- A broken MSXML Windows OS component is required for the QuickBooks desktop. It is one of the most crucial Microsoft parts that is required for the system to function. Accessing QuickBooks becomes challenging if this file is corrupted.
Disruptions brought on by the antivirus software your computer is running.
Important Points to remember
- Ensure that the Windows operating system is updated to the most recent version available.
- If the issue still occurs, a corrupted Windows operating system may be to blame.
- If they open the file before saving it, customers of Right Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with Web Connect could run into this problem. In that case, saving the company file is required before importing the QBO file.
Method to Fix the QuickBooks Error 3371
By following clear walkways, QuickBooks Error Code 3371 may be solved with ease. We will examine each of these dependable troubleshooting techniques in this post. Make sure you follow the section to the letter and don’t skip any of the stages. Let’s examine the approaches:
Method 1: Close all the running applications
- Be careful to first shut down the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Next, end all active QuickBooks processes.
- Press Win + R at the same time to open the Run window.
- After doing so, enter C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client v8 (or v6) in the Run window and click OK.
- You must now press the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys simultaneously to launch the Task manager.
- Search for the QBW32.EXE process under the processes tab now.
- Select the procedure, and then click End Task.
- Open the QuickBooks company file after deleting the EntitlementDataStore. ECML file, and then register the programme.
Method 2: Removing the ECML file
- By deleting the Entitlement file, you may solve this mistake in yet another simple manner (ECML). The Intuit folder contains this file. Observe the detailed instructions below:
- You must first hit the Windows and R keys simultaneously.
- The run window will then show up on the screen.
- The run window then requires you to type C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv8.
- The Window explorer should be visited next.
- Next, search for the ECML file. Once you’ve located the file, right-click on it and choose Delete from the menu that appears.
- After finishing the previous step, shut the window.
- Lastly, restart QuickBooks and re-register the product.
- You may proceed. Verify to see if the error’s roots were cut off.
Method 3: Alter the filename of the Entitlement file
Windows XP users:
Users using Windows XP should follow the instructions below:
- Select the Run box and click the Start tab to get going.
- Next, type “Entitlement DataStore.ecml file: Documents and Settings AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlemeny Clientv2” into the Run Box.
- Next, press the OK button.
- In addition, the Entitlementdatastore. ECML file needs to be renamed.
Windows 7, 8:
Follow the instructions listed below if you use Windows 7 or Windows 8:
- Visit C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Client*.
- Renaming the Entitlement file is the next step.
- Open QuickBooks right now. A new file will be generated by the programme automatically.
- The following step is to follow the instructions below to un-hide the application data folder.
- Go down the road. Computer > Choose to Organize > Select a Folder > Search possibilities.
- Next, select the Hidden files and folders menu option.
- Then, launch QuickBooks to see if the mistake appeared.
Windows 10 and 11:
Users using Windows 10 and 11 should follow the instructions highlighted below:
- To access the Control Panel, you must first right-click on the Start tab and then choose it.
- Next, select File Explorer Options under Appearance and Personalization.
- After that, go to the View tab.
- The following step is changing the Hidden files and folders option to Show hidden files, folders, and drives.
- As an alternative, you may deselect the option to Hide protected operating system files.
- After correctly completing the steps shown above, you must click Apply and then press the OK button.
Related Blog: Fix QuickBooks Error 3371 Status Code 11118 | Easy Working Method